Family Child Care (FCC) is provided in the caregivers home and typically includes children of a variety of ages. Usually, only one caregiver is present to provide care all day. It is important to find the right FCC for your child and here are the top 10 questions you should ask.
1. How long have you been in business?
2. What is your experience and background?
3. How long do you plan on continuing operation?
4. Name at least 3 things you like about being a FCCH provider.
5. What don’t you like about being a FCCH provider?
6. Why do you do this job?
7. Is your CPR/First Aid current?
8. What is your discipline policy?
9. Do you have an Emergency Care Plan? Ask to see it.
10. Have any complaints been filed against you in the past year?